- BA MB BAO BCh: Bachelors Degree in Arts, Degree of Medicine and Surgery, Trinity College 1999
- MRCSI: Associate Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 2002
- Dip Med Mgt: Diploma in Medical Management (Institute of Public Administration and RCSI) 2008
- MD: Post graduate Doctorate of Medicine, Trinity College (through UBC, Vancouver Canada) 2006
- FRCS (Plast): Intercollegiate Speciality Examination in Plastic Surgery) 2012
Consultant Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Blackrock Clinic, Dublin.
Awards and Fellowships
- Royal Academy of Medicine Prize 2001Sir Edward Hallaran Bennett Medal in Surgery Trinity College Dublin 2003/ 2004
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship University of British Columbia, Vancouver Trinity Travelling Scholarship 2012/2013
- Fellowship in Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery, Macquarie University Hospital, Sydney, Australia 2012/2013
- Shepherd Memorial Prize 2013 (TCD)
- MD thesis in angiogenesis
- Over 30 peer reviewed publications
Safeguard yourself: Choosing your surgeon
In Ireland, just about anyone with a basic medical degree is allowed to perform cosmetic surgery. Hard to believe, but currently there is no legislation in place that prevents any doctor, even your local GP, without having undergone formal surgical training to call themselves a ‘surgeon’.
Your only safeguard is to look for the letters FRCS (Plast) with a doctors name and check that they are affiliated with the Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons (IAPS), as only fully qualified plastic surgeons have these titles and memberships.
They reflect many years of training (at least 10 years) in surgery far beyond the medical school period, as well as the Intercollegiate Plastic Surgery exam.
I was critically ill as a toddler and a young surgical registrar in Crumlin Hospital saved my life. Since then (I’m told!) I have been passionate about surgery.
It is not an easy path, particularly as a woman, and even more so as a mother of young children! The road is long and tough at times, and I have been lucky to have the support of my wonderful family, husband and four children who have made it possible for me.
I have a special interest in short scar and minimally invasive approaches to surgery of the breast, face and body and strive to achieve natural looking, beautiful results.
All treatments are customised to each individual and every effort is made to ensure you are comfortable with your decision and thrilled with the results. I incorporate a holistic approach to all surgery I perform and encourage a complete approach to your health and well being when embarking on a surgical road.
Whether your treatment is a chosen one or one you are required to face, I make it my goal to minimise your stress at this time in your life,
I make sure that I am abreast of the latest advances and techniques available by attending national and international meetings, as well as keeping up with latest published research.
I always have and always will endeavour to excel at whatever tasks that are placed before me and I will always strive to achieve the best for my patients.
I take my responsibility as your chosen surgeon very seriously.
I look forward to meeting you.